Okonomiyaki are savory pancakes made with diced meat and vegetables. "Okonomiyaki" literally means "grilled what you like", and people in Japan usually add any ingredients they'd like, and cook right at the table with group of people. It's inexpensive, tasty, filling and fun to prepare. With this wheat flour mix, Okonomiyakiko, you can make flavorful Okonomiyaki easily, the kit includes everything you need except you also need okonomi sauce for the topping (that sauce is not included in the kit)
Japanese Griddle Cake Kit
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese delicacy originating in the more Western areas of Osaka and Hiroshima. Okonomiyaki is made from a batter of flour, cabbage, eggs, and whatever other savoury ingredients you might desire (with pork slices and chopped spring onions being common). To make, all you need to do is cook everything like a pancake and serve with generous helpings of okonomiyaki sauce and aonori seaweed flakes!
How To Use
Tasty okonomiyaki is easy and fun to make!
• Combine okonomiyaki flour sachet, yam flour sachet, and 160ml water in a large bowl.
• Add 300g chopped cabbage, 2 finely chopped spring onions, 2 eggs and the tempura pearl sachet and mix well.
• On a hot plate or saucepan over a medium heat (200C), spoon out the okonomiyaki batter into two roughly equal pancake shapes and allow to cook for 3 minutes. As they cook, lay strips of thinly sliced pork across the top.
• Carefully turn the pancakes over and cover with a lid. Turn heat up to high (240C) and cook for five minutes.
• Turn pack over again and allow to cook for a further two minutes.
• Transfer pancakes to plates, load up with okonomiyaki sauce and sprinkle with the nori seaweed sachets, and enjoy!
- Maker: Otafuku
- Size: 122 g
• Energy: 1649.304kJ/394kcal
• Fat: 8.2g
(of which Saturates: 6g)
• Carbohydrate: 70.5g
(of which Sugars: 4.5g)
• Protein: 9.5g
• Salt: 2.5g